Here’s what you need to know about diabetes test
Diabetes is not an easy disease. However, this disease can be managed with medication, a good amount of patience, regular exercise, and a balanced diet that includes all the essential micronutrients. It is also essential to keep track of the blood sugar level. This where diabetes tests are essential to managing your diabetes. Here are a few reasons why diabetes tests are important.
Necessity of a diabetes test
Self-monitoring of blood sugar or testing of blood glucose is essential to find out relevant information regarding the extent of diabetes in the body. Regular diabetes tests help you understand several things such as the following:
- Whether or not your diabetes treatment is working.
- The current blood sugar level.
- The effect of your new diabetic diet on the blood sugar.
Besides these, the test will indicate the severity of your diabetes and accordingly, your doctor will recommend the ideal treatment for you.
Determining the form of diabetes
There are two types of diabetes that you can be diagnosed with.
- Diabetes type 1: It’s a condition in which the body produces very little or almost no insulin. The immune system of your body gets damaged, and as a result, the pancreas which creates the beta cells or insulin cannot recreate them.
- Diabetes type 2: It is a kind of medical condition in which the pancreas fails to make the required amount of insulin in the body. For an accurate diagnosis, diabetes tests are necessary to ensure that your health does not aggravate further.
Factors on which your diagnosis depends
There are various symptoms and factors based on which the doctor will suggest diabetic tests. Your diagnosis will depend on the following-
- Severity and type of your diabetes
- Your age
- Period since when the first symptoms of diabetes appeared
- Health complications faced due to diabetes
- Overall health condition of the patient
Depending on these factors, your doctor will suggest either to go for a fasting diabetes test or another form of body glucose test. Remember that untreated and uncontrolled diabetes can be a silent killer, damaging vital organs and your health.
- Cell Phones
- Cloud Computing
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Drink
- food and drinks
- Home and Garden
- HR Software
- Medical Software
- Real Estate